Entity TypeEdit on Github
An organization is a collection of individuals working in pursuit of a mutual purpose and typically possessing a mission, vision, and values. There are various kinds of organizations operating in the private and/or public sectors, including corporations, political or governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), nonprofits, charitable and volunteer organizations, and educational institutes.
Entity naming convention:
- Capitalization, spacing, punctuation, and other styling should match that of the name on the official website or other page controlled by the organization.
- Name should be the current name of the organization. If the name has changed, past names should be added to
- Name should be in English. If the official name is in another language, it should be added to the
Official Namefield, and other widely used variations may be added to
Also Known As.
- An acronym should only be used as the name if it is the current official name of an organization. Ex. AARP, YMCA.
- Articles (a, the) and punctuation (&) should be included if part of the organization’s official name. Ex*. A Helping Hand, AT&T.*
- For names shared by multiple entities, add a brief 1-3 word industry, field, or location in parentheses for disambiguation. Ex. Roma (football club).